piCture pOlish Douceur

When I first saw today's polish, I absolutely loved it, but also doubted whether this would look good with my skin tone. I went back and forth about ordering it, but when my dear friend Fleur decided to visit Australia and asked if I'd like to order some Picture Polishes for her to bring back, this was one of the first to make the cut.

Picture Polish Douceur is one of the collaboration shades and it was created in 2013 with Ophelie from the blog and YouTube channel Tartofraises. I wasn't familiar with her blog before picking this polish up, because her blog and channel are in French and although I do speak a little of that gorgeous language, I just don't speak enough to follow everything. But she does some amazing nail art!


Douceur is French for sweetness and the inspiration for this polish came from her love of all things sweet and jelly. It's a very light pink nude looking base with small pink glitter and a scattering of holo micro shimmers.


The formula is just amazing! I was ready for 3 coats at least, in fact, I even texted this to a friend of mine, just before painting my nails with this polish. I was very happily surprised to find out it was completely opaque in just 2 thin coats! It dries really fast and reasonably shiny, but I would suggest adding a nice top coat to make it really shine and smooth out the slightly bumpy finish.



I'm over the moon this polish turned out to look really nice on me. I love how soft and sweet this looks. This is the perfect soft spring polish for me, especially with the pop of bright pink glitter.

What do you think about an almost nude base with a bright glitter in it? Do you love those types of polish as much as I do or you avoid them?

X

8 comments:

  1. Prachtig lakje, ik krijg er gewoon weer helemaal zin in de zomer van! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel leuk dat lakje! Ik kende dat merk helemaal niet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is een van mijn favoriete merken, wel wat prijzig, maar dat merk je ook aan de kwaliteit.
      Lakt fijn, droogt snel en blijft heel goed zitten.

      Delete
  3. Zo hehe, eindelijk eens tijd om de foto's op mijn gemak te bekijken. Ik weet het nog niet zo met deze.. Vind 'm je overigens echt meer dan prachtig staan, matcht echt fantastisch met je tint!
    Ik denk dat ik 'm voor mezelf wat te schattig vind, had 'm leuker gevonden met wat grovere glitters... Denk ik... Ben er nog niet over uit :'). Gevalletje van in het echt moeten zien vrees ik :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jemig, ik had nooit verwacht dat je nog eens om grovere glitters zou vragen... :')
      Juist het feit dat hij zo zacht en rustig is maakt hem heel mooi, tenminste, dat vind ik.
      Ik neem hem volgende date wel mee.

      Delete
  4. Wat is ie toch lief. Blijf 'm leuk vinden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik had nooit verwacht dat ik zo'n zacht lakje zo gaaf zou vinden, maar ik ben er weg van!

      Delete