31DC2013 Blue

I've been loving all the 31DC2013 mani's on Instagram and although I decided not to do all the days of 31DC2013, because I'm actually going on holiday for a week in September (yippie!!!) and won't be blogging as much during that week, I did want to pick a day here and there to show my favorite polishes and even the occasional nail art, although art might be a little over the top for my creations, lol.

For those of you who don't know: 31DC2013 is a group, created by Chalkboard Nails with a theme for every day of the month of September. If you are not familiar with this group, I'd suggest you go and check it out, it's really fun and the mani's are gorgeous! (If you want to follow me on instagram, my name is darkntwisynails).

Today's theme is blue and I happen to love blue nails :D One of my more recent purchases is China Glaze Man Hunt. This polish is part of the China Glaze on Safari fall 2012 collection.



Man Hunt, Pompeii Purple, Splish Splash
It's a really dusty cobalt blue cream polish. The formula is really nice, it's a little patchy on the first coat, but evens out nicely on the second. Opaque in 2 coats and dries fast enough.
For this mani I decided to add a few dots in the mix, I mean, I just got my dotting tools, might as well use them. For my accent nail, I used China Glaze Splish Splash and OPI Pompeii Purple.



2 coats Man Hunt, 1 coat SV
I absolutely love this mani and think it's perfect for fall. I do need to practice a little more with my dots, but it does add a fun detail.

What's your favorite fall polish?

X

2 comments:

  1. I love the color combo!! I also love how you did the different-sized dots and over-lapped some of them! GREAT blue mani!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dots are great. Blue is such a great colour!

    ReplyDelete