Glitter placement with Orly Embrace

I'm not a pink nails kind of girl, not the sweet and cute pink nails anyway. I do rock a neon pink quite often in spring and summer, but I can't pull of a sweet, cute soft baby pink. It just doesn't suit my personality or my skintone. But every once in a while, I find myself craving a cute pink nail... So I decided to give in to my craving, but do a cute, girly pink polish DarknTwisty style!

I started of with China Glaze Man Hunt  on all fingers, except my ringfingers. On my ringfingers, I did 2 coats of Orly Embrace on its own. I then added a little accent to my blue nails in the form of a glitter placement. It didn't turn out as neat and tidy as I'd hoped, but I like it and will definitely give this placement thing another go.


Embrace is part of the Pretty in Pink Breast Cancer Awereness 2012 collection and the bottle comes with a pink ribbon charm. It's a chunky pink glitter in a clear base and it's meant to be used as a topper. I decided to use it on its own and it was actually opaque in 3 coats, so not too bad. The glitter did want to curl a little, so a good layerof top coat to smooth it out is a must!





Not to bad for my first time, but I could definitely do with a bit of practice.
Have you ever tried a glitter placement and if so, what is your favorite polish to use?

X

2 comments:

  1. Love to see pink on you Anca :) Great job on the glitter placement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, pink is not really my color, lol.
      Thanks Marianne!

      Delete