Pretty Polish Tag

I've seen a couple of people do this fun tag on YouTube and when my friend Marianne (Nailpolishsleuth) did this tag in blog form and tagged everybody, including me, I couldn't help but smile. I love tags and especially nail polish tags!

This one has 10 questions, so let's get started!

1. When it comes to colors, are you conservative or hot mama?

Well, I'm not conservative, so I guess I'm a hot mama. I like all types of colors, but do tend to go for dark, vampy colors paired with an over the top hysterical glitter.

2. Are you a drug store junkie or high end diva?

Like everybody who did this tag, I'm right in the middle. I love Deborah Lippmann, Chanel, Dior, etc. but I like to get those as a present or as a special treat for myself. I do have some drug store polishes, but I only have access to Essence and Catrice. I do like Essence and have quite a few, but I can't stand Catrice polishes. They are just to thick and goopy, I've had the brush come off the handle so many times, I gave up on their polishes. I love the rest of their make-up, but I will never again buy the polishes. Anyway, I digress...

The majority of my stash consists of middle of the road polishes, like China Glaze, Essie, OPI and indie polishes. I absolutely love indie's and that part of my stash has been growing steadily in the last year or so.

 

3. What's your all-time favorite polish to date?

I don't think it's fair to make a polishhoarder like myself answer this question! I can't do it, I love so many polishes! And to be honest, my favorite polish changes every time, depending on the season, weather, my mood, my clothes, etc.

I do have a few polishes that always seem to make it in my top 10, for different reasons.

China Glaze 108 Degrees


OPI Smitten with Mittens

Essie Butler Please

And this is one of my new loves: Zoya Carter


4. What's the most you've ever paid for a polish? Least?

I paid the most for my Dior LE Minuit, € 26, but just look at it, totally worth it!


The least is a bit harder... I think it might have to be one of the polishes I bought from a friend of mine.She was destashing and I picked up a few polishes for 50 cents. I just can't remember which ones I picked up, as it was a long time ago....

5. Would you consider yourself a pro painter or just an amateur?

I'm by no means a pro, but I don't think I can call myself an amateur either. Something in between :D

6. What's your biggest polish pet peeve?

Oh, I have so many! But my biggest pet peeve is when people paint there nails, but don't take the time to make it look nice. I've seen so many pictures with polish on the cuticles, scabs, dry cuticles, peeling, bald spots in the polish (how hard is it to add that second coat of polish?), etc. I just can't deal with that!

7. What's more important...top coat or base coat?

I think they're both equally important. A base coat protects your natural nail and a top coat protects your manicure. In my case, I need a fast drying top coat, as I'm incredibly good at messing up my manicure by bumping my hand into walls.

8. Nail art- love it or leave it?

Love it! I just wish I was better at it, but practice makes perfect, so I just keep trying!
And people like to read about my failures anyway, so win win!




9. If you could design a polish, what would you name it and what would it look like?

I would love to create a duo: a black cream or jelly base with red chunky glitter and a red cream or jelly base with black chunky glitter. I'd call the black base Dark and the red base Twisty.

10. Share your best tip for the perfect manicure.

Clean up! Even if you're no expert at painting your nails, it's always easy to do a little clean up with a brush and acetone or you can use a nailpolishremoverpen. It will make your manicure look so much better!

I really liked doing this tag and I tag everybody who wants to do this tag, with a few people in particular:

Mijnkleinegeheimpjes (Yv)
Polishorurban
Lacqueredlori
Allaboutthepolish (Lu)
Thepolishedbutterfly (Jaime)

Can't wait to read your answers!

X

3 comments:

  1. Wauw die Dior lak is echt prachtig! Hoe heet die/welke kleur is het? (A)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is Dior Minuit, van de Winter collectie 2013.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo, I love reading your tags :)

    ReplyDelete