Loaded Lacquer Fall Duo

I've had this gorgeous duo sitting in my stash for a while, but with all the nice weather we've been having, I just wasn't feeling it yet. I thouht this gorgeous duo deserved one of those fall days, where the leaves are blowing in the wind and the sun peeks out behind just a few clouds to set all the gorgeous fall colors on fire. Because that's what these polishes make me think of every time I look at them.

So when that kind of weather happened over the weekend, I finally busted out the Loaded Lacquer Fall Duo.

This duo consists of 2 polishes (duh, it's a duo!), the first one is Rusted Pumpkin, a gorgeous rusty red/brown/orange jiggle (Loaded Lacquers term for her jelly polishes).

The second polish is called Dark Chocolate Truffle and this is a glitter topper with black hex in several sizes, brown hex, bronze hex, burgundy hex glitter and golden flakes.


The formula for both these polishes is really nice. The jelly is a little thicker, like most jelly's, but still easy to work with. It's opaque in about 2 - 3 coats, but since it's a jelly, you'll always see a little nail line. The glitter is a topper and although you could probably get this fully opaque in about 4 coats, I wouldn't recommend it. All the glitters lay flat on the nail, I didn't have any problems with glitters sticking up on my nails. Both dry fast and shiny, but I added a top coat, to smooth the glitter out.


You can get both these polishes scented and I decided to do so. The jelly smells like pumpkin and the glitter smells like chocolate. When you wear them both, you mostly get the chocolate smell, but with a hint of pumpkin. I have to admit, I really like it! The only problem is that I keep smelling my nails and people started to look funny at me... Oh wel...


I wasn't sure about Rusted Pumpkin when I first got it, I didn't think this would be my kind of color, but I'm glad I decided to pick it up anyway, because I actually love it on my nails. It works well with my skintone and pairs really nicely with the glitter. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this polish.

Loaded lacquer is available on this website. If you love glitter, you need to try this indie brand!
I'm already planning on picking up more, as Heather (the owner and creator of Loaded Lacquer) is set to release her Ha Ha Holiday collection on Friday the 28th of november.

Will you be picking up a couple of these gorgeous glitters or jelly's?

X

2 comments:

  1. Ik ken het merk wel! Mooie combi deze twee. Echt herfstig! En je foto's zijn groter zie ik, wat goed! Zie de lak(ken) nu veel beter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loaded Lacquer is echt een aanrader!
      Haar glitters zijn fenomenaal.

      Ja, heb wat gespeeld na je tip en ik moet zeggen dat ik ze zo beter vind.
      Heb ze ook nog een slagje groter geprobeerd, maar dat vond ik net te groot worden.

      Delete