Empties #1 Beauty and nail polish stuff

I love watching empties video's on Youtube and I seem to have been collection mine for a while now, even though I don't do video's... So I thought, why not do an empties blog post? I can't be the only one who likes to hear (or read) all the mini reviews on peoples trash, lol. So here is mine!



First up: skin care. I have very weird skin... extremely dry in some places, but I still tend to get pimples in those dry patches. I usually can't use the same moisturizer for more than a year before it starts to break me out again. So I'm very picky with what I put on my face.

 L'Oreal Skin Perfection sample. As I mentioned, I have really weird skin. So before buying a new moisturizer, I usually ask for a sample, so I can test it to see how my skin reacts to it. This was really nice. It hydrates my skin, making it nice and soft and didn't cause me to break out. So I bought the full size version.

Full size L'Oreal Skin Perfection
The one thing that is a stable in my routine is my make-up remover. I use the Etos brand eye and lip make-up remover (Etos is a Dutch drug store). It's very gentle and even removes waterproof make-up. And it's cheap. This bottle lasts me for about 4-5 months and I paid € 2.89 for it.

Kruidvat Q10 eye cream. This is another little gem in my opinion. It's very hydrating, reduces dark circles and puffiness. This little tube lasted me for 6 months and only set me back € 2,49! Can't beat that!

Diadermine night cream. I used this up a while ago, but never gotten around to throwing it away. I liked it, but it wasn't exceptionally good. Just an average moisturizing night cream.

Diadermine make-u remover wipes. Oh... my... god!!! These were awefull!!! They did take off my make-up really well, but they stung my face like nobody's business! I hated them! And the worst part? I bought them on sale, buy 2 get 2 free, so I'm stuck with 3 more packs!

Philosophy Hope in a jar for dry skin. I LOVE this cream, love, love, love it! It made my skin feel so soft and smooth, no dryness, no break outs, just soft, hydrated skin. I scraped the last bit out of the jar and almost cried a little when it was gone, because this baby is € 40 and I just couldn't afford to spend that much on a moisturizer right now.

Philosophy Hands of Hope. Great hand cream, really enjoyed it, but soooo expensive! For a full review, click here.


Make-up items. I use a lot of different brands, drugstore and high end on my face, but I don't tend to use up a lot... Whenever I throw away a foundation, eye shadow or lipstick, it's usually because its just getting to old and gross. But this time I actually used up everything!

Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara in black. My favorite mascara, I love everything about it! The brush is curved and thin, it defines my lashes, gives me lenght and volume and it's really black. The only bad thing is that it starts to flake a little when it's almost gone.

Maybelline The Rocket mascara in black. When I first started using this mascara, I didn't like it at all! I hated the big ass brush and I got mascara everywhere. So I started layering it with my Falsies mascara and that worked really well! It gave me long, defined, voluminous lashes and I started to like the Rocket. When I finished The Falsies, I just used the Rocket and that gave my pretty much the same result. Love it! Have allready repurchased :D

E.L.F. Cosmetics eye lash curler. Ok curler, but it pinched a little and at the end it started to pull out my lashes... Time to go!

Catrice Prime and Fine Face Primer. Did an ok job, but that smell... I can't get used to it. It smells like peaches, but in a chemical kinda way... not nice and it lingers. Even though it's a cheap primer (€ 4,99) I won't repurchase.

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream for light skin. Can you say carrot? Enough said...

Urban Decay Primer Potion. Great stuff! Would repurchase, but Sephora decided to close all their shops here and that was the only place I could get UD products... big bummer...

Dior Addict lipstick in 222. This is the first time ever I finished a lipstick. I actually scraped out the last bits with a lipbrush, because I loved it so much. It's a brownish, nude color with a lot of shine. It was the perfect nude color for me, my lips but much, much better. I am looking all over for this baby, but Dior decided to take this color out of production... Of course, story of my life!

L'eau D'issey Florale by Issey Miyake. Really nice perfume, fresh, clean and a little fruity, but not to sweet. I got this as a gift from my in-laws and I really enjoyed it.

And now, the nailpolish stuff... I always finish 1-2 bottles of nail polish remover each month, but when I finish a bottle, I stuff my used cotton balls in it, so I didn't take a picture of it. I didn't think you needed to see that.


Can you tell I like my Seche Vite, lol?
I was cleaning out my nail drawer and discovered a load of empty SV bottles. I ment to poor them all together and try to use some of it, but it's just to goopy. That's the reason I'm currently trying a new topcoat. I just feel like I throw away so much product...

CND Stickey base coat. My favorite base coat. I tried a different one, but that wasn't a succes... click here for my horror story. After that, I quickly went back to my trusty and much loved stickey base coat.

Essence Studio Nails base coat. I've had this for so long and never use it anymore. It was just time to say goodby. Nothing wrong with it, I just like my Stickey better.

Bourjois nail polish remover pot. I like this product, but it gets dirty so fast and when it does, it stains my nails... Just not worth the pricetag when I can get my Essence remover for € 2.39 and I like it better.

And finally, I used up 2 Bath and Body Works votive candles.


I love B&BW candles, but I can only get the baby ones, because of the shipping. I burned Marshmallow Fireside and Bonfire Maplewood this past month and I love these scents! If anyone can send me the three wick versions for these candels without me having to pay around $ 50 for shipping alone, please let me know!

T'hat's it for now, I hope you enjoyed reading about my trash, lol.
What are your favorite video's/ posts to read about?

X




 

3 comments:

  1. Great trash Anca! I like empty videos because you get a mini review and just see what others are using to the last drop. Great idea for a blog post...why not..bloggers have empties to! I look forward to seeing your future trash...especially since some of it was things I had never heard of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jaime about the empties videos...they really are like mini reviews and usually the YouTuber will tell you if they'll re-purchase or not! I think that's a great idea for blog posts, too! Wouldn't you know it, though...I just re-cycled 4 skin care things that were empty from Paula's Choice. Oh well...maybe I can blog it next time! :-) Anyway, this was an epic empties post and I hear ya about the SV getting too gloppy which is another reason why I don't use it.

    ReplyDelete