Essie Butler Please

Today I have an amazing polish for you.
I have a love - hate relationship with Essie, I either love a polish or I hate it!
This one is weird... I love it AND I hate it...

Essie - Butler Please is a bright blue cream.
And when I say bright, I mean BRIGHT, in your face blue!



The color... oh boy... I just LOVE this color! Can't get enough, keep staring at my nails and wave my hands around all day Love this color! I have gotten so many compliments when wearing this polish. It's definitely an eye catcher.

It's pretty opaque, 2 coats can be enough and it dries really fast.

One coat, to give you an idea about the opacity
But this is where my problems with this polish, and the hate part, begin.
It doesn't handle very well... it gets goopy, applies streaky and most of the time I need 3 coats to even it out completely.

The finish is another one of my "problems", it dries to a not quite mat finish, but definitely isn't shiny either. But since I always top my polish with a coat of super shiny Seche Vite, I'm not really bothered with the finish.

And lastely, the Essie brush...
I think the brush of the Essie polish I can buy  here is different then the Essie brush in the States or Canada.
It's wide, really wide



I can handle it, but it's just a little to wide for my taste. It covers  my pinky in one swipe and I have to be really carefull not to touch my cuticles. I just like my brushes a little smaller.
On the other hand, the brush on the Essie polishes I ordere online from the States, is a little to narrow for me... Essie just can't seem to get it right in that department for me :D

And last, but not least, this polish chips on me really fast. I had a chip on day 2 of wearing this polish both times I have worn it. For me, that is extremely fast, as I tend to have no chips at all, even if I wear a polish for 4 or 5 days. No idea why, I guess I'm just lucky that way!

But even with all the problems I have with this polish, I do love it more than I hate it.
You just can't beat the color.



These pictures are 3 coats with Seche Vite.

X


0 comments:

Post a Comment