Max Factor Fantasy Fire

Sometimes a polish gets so much attention on blogs, youtube and everywhere else, I just can't help myself but buy it. Today I have one of those hyped polishes for you. This is supposed to be a dupe for the discontinued cult favorite Clarins 230 and it's been sitting in my stash for quite some time, untried, because although it looks really cool in the bottle, it's sheer as can be and is meant to be used as a topper over other polishes and that's just not my thing...

Max Factor Fantasy Fire is a color shifting sheer topper. In the bottle you see gorgeous blue, purple and gold and it has been talked about so much, I had to have it!


The formula is ok, it's extremely sheer, but 1 coat over a base color is enough to get the full effect. It dries really fast, but not as shiny as I like, so a top coat is a must. I decided to go with a deep blue base, Essence The boy next door.


The result was... well... not as gorgeous as I expected after hearing everybody rave about this polish. I do see the shift and it's nice, but it didn't blow me away. To be honest, I actually like The boy next door better without Fantasy Fire. What a disappointment...


Maybe I just layered it over the wrong color, but this doesn't do it for me at all. I am going to try it over a few other colors, but for now, I'm so underwhelmed, I put it in the back of my helmer where it will stay for quite some time.

If you do like this polish and have some great base color suggestions, please let me know in the comments. I really want to love this, but I just don't.

Do you own this and what do you think?

X

10 comments:

  1. Lin vond m volgens mij erg mooi over Butler! Ik heb m over euuuhhh een bordeaux gehad van Essie. Maar ben ff de naam kwijt, maar was wel erg gaaf! Gewoon ff mee spelen op een wiel, dan komt er vast een mooie combi uit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butler heb ik genoeg :D
      Ben benieuwd, ga er in ieder geval nog even flink mee spelen!

      Delete
  2. Now that's a great color!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody seems to love it, I just don't unfortunately...

      Delete
  3. Jep, over Butler vinnik 'm erg gaaf! Misschien ook maar eens over een donkere rood proberen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butler en donkerrood, check!
      Ga ik proberen!

      Delete
  4. Ik heb een beetje hetzelfde gevoel over deze lak als jij. Ik heb 'm een keer over zwart gelakt en vond dat zo tegenvallen dat ik 'm sindsdien niet meer heb gebruikt.
    Ik heb 'm wel een paar keer voorbij zien komen over OPI - OPI... Eurso Euro en dat vond ik wel een erg mooie combi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die heb ik helaas niet, ik gooi hem elke keer in mijn mandje als ik lak bestel, maar uiteindelijk moet hij steeds wijken voor een ander lakje... misschien moet ik hem binnenkort toch maar eens kopen. Hij is wel super mooi!

      Ik hoor ook dat hij over Muir Muir van OPI erg mooi is, dus die gaat bij mijn te proberen lijstje :D

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty polish...first time I have heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this polish is not available in the States and Canada.
      Too bad, because I think you'd really like it over a deep purple shimmer.

      Delete