Dior Diorific Vernis 995 Minuit

A while back, I saw a press release for the new Dior Golden Winter collection and instantly fell in love with one of the polishes. But unfortunately Dior isn't cheap and I had to think about this very carefully before splurging on this polish. Luckily, I had about a month before this collection hit stores here, so plenty of time.

I went back and forth, get it, it's gorgeous, don't get it, it's just so expensive... but as soon as I saw Dior Minuit in store, all of my reasoning went straight out the window: I had to have it! Not only is the color devine,  a reddish plum base with golden micro glitter, but look at that bottle!!! How could I resist?


And as soon as I painted this on my nails, I realized it is totally worth the price tag! The formula is really nice, a little on the thicker side, but still easy to paint. Mind you, when I say a little on the thicker side, I don't mean goopy, not at all! Just not as runny as most polishes, it flows on the nail and is super pigmented. I only needed 2 thin coats to get full opacity. The only thing I didn't like so much, was the handle on this polish. It's stunning to look at, but is a little short to work with.



The dry time was excellent, but it did dry a little more dull than I like, so adding a shiny topcoat is a must in my book. This also brings out the glitter in the polish and gives it extra depth.

With it being fall, it was really hard to get a decent picture of this polish, I'm definitely going to try again when the sun is shining, but this one looks halfway decent:


Overall, I am in love with this polish! I've had it on my nails for 3 days now and no sign of chipping anywhere. I can't seem to bring myself to take it of, which is always a good thing. If you are a polish lover and can afford the price tag, I would definitely recommend checking out this polish (if you can still get your hands on it, these tend to sell out rather quickly).

What do you think of Dior polishes? Are there any others I should try?

X

4 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous on you Anca. I can not bring myself to spend so much on a polish on a regular basis but it is nice to treat yourself to a special treat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of money, I agree, but this did stay on my nails for a full week without chipping! I only took it of, because I had to paint my nails in order to have a post for this weeks Mani Monday's, lol!

      Delete
  2. That's absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with this polish, not only is it a stunning color, but it lasted so long.
      I can't say enough good things about it!

      Delete