Mani Monday's: Texture



Happy Monday everybody! Today's theme is texture and since I already showed my favorites (Solitaire and Alcatraz), I decided to try the newest edition to my texture stash.

OPI Kiss me at Midnight is a bright iceblue base with silver glitter. It has the liquid sand finish and is part of the Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 collection.

Because of the stupid weather and lack of good picture taking light, I had to get creative... this is taken while balancing of the door handle on my front door, lol
The formula is really nice, easy to apply and completely opaque in 2 thin coats. The dry time is, like all the liquid sand polishes, extremely fast. I love the color, but I could have done without so much of the silver glitter. It gives depth to this polish, but that could have been achieved with a bit less silver.



I like this polish, but I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of textured polishes. They annoy me just a little bit... every time I run my fingers through my hair, it sticks to the stupid grittiness of this polish, I just don't like the way it feels when I touch anything to be honest.


What do you think about the textured polish trend and what is your favorite?

X



6 comments:

  1. Love this polish on you...it is 1 of the 2 that I ordered from the Christmas collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne!
      I only picked up 2 from this collection. This one and Mistletoe.

      Delete

  2. Such a gorgeous color! I'm with you on the textured thing, but the accent nail idea has made it SO much more tolerable!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not into texture at first at all. Very annoying but the more I try them I have grown to really love them! This blue is lovely. I like all blues I think. I also do like silver. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue is one of my favorite polish colors, it just goes so well with my skintone. Silver on the other hand... I do love metallics on you though.

      Delete