Mani Monday's: Metallic(A)

Happy Monday everybody!
I have to admit, I wasn't looking forward to this weeks theme. It's Metallic and I just don't do metallic polish. I don't own a lot, I don't like them and they just don't work with my skintone. Somehow, this finish makes me look dead and who wants that? So I contemplates skipping this week, but I really enjoy our little Mani Monday group, so I opted to follow in Lu's footsteps and work around this weeks theme and give it my own little twist.

I just tweaked the theme a little, I only added 1 lettre and made it Metallica!
I love my rock bands and I have listened to Metallica for... oh, I can't even remember, it's been that long! It's still one of the best concerts I have ever been to. So a little tribute to them on my nails sounded like a great plan!

I have to admit, I started off really well, but the end result leaves something to be desired... But still, I think it's a fun mani and at least I'm giving you a good chuckle!

I used 4 polishes to get this look on my nails:

Lapiz of Luxury, The Boy next door, My boyfriend scales walls, Icicle
I started with 2 coats of  Lapiz. I love this color in the bottle, but it just doesn't look good with my skintone, so I never wear it on its own, but it does do a great job in nail art.
After this dried, I added 1 coat of Boy and dabbed it with saran warp to create a marble effect. I actually really liked it after this stage, so I think I will be doing that again, but for now, it was time to ruin a perfectly nice mani with some lightning and an M.


I did a base of Boyfriend for the lightning and then added Icicle to make it sparkle (and it's a real metallic, so I did stick to the original theme, yeeh!) and finally, I drew the Metallica M on my ring finger as an accent nail. Et voila! Metallica nails!




Of course, I can't do this post, without adding the picture that was my inspiration! (picture from google)



Do you rock the Metallic(a) polish?

X

8 comments:

  1. Haha...I love it! They have a movie out now...crazy, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! it's all about making it with for you! love your spin on the theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, that's exactly why I love our little group so much!

      Delete
  3. Great mani Anca...marbling is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love the marble effect, just had to ruin it with the lightning, lol.

      Delete
  4. I love this actually!! I think it looks good Anca! I always get a giggle when I get to the picture and it is way better than you think it is! I think that is how it works most of the time...we are own worst critics.♥

    ReplyDelete